Log In | Contact Us| View Cart (0)
Browse: Collections Digital Content Subjects Creators Record Groups

Woman's Missionary Union Training School (Louisville, Ky.) (1907-1953) | Southern Baptist Theological Seminary Archives

Name: Woman's Missionary Union Training School (Louisville, Ky.) (1907-1953)


Historical Note: The Woman's Missionary Union Training School was established in 1907 in exercises at Broadway Baptist Church in Louisville, KY. Originally located downtown at 334 E. Broadway, the Training School moved to the Lexington Road location in 1937. Under the leadership of Maud Reynolds McLure, Fannie E. S. Heck, Eliza Broadus, Mrs. George B. Eager, and Mrs. Samuel E. Woody, the Training School trained women in a three year course that included classes in Old and New Testament, Sunday school pedagogy, personal work, domestic science, music and public speaking, systematic theology, church history, comparative religion, missions, and ecclesiology. Women were also able to take electives at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. In 1953, the Training School was renamed the Carver School of Missions and Social Work.



Page Generated in: 0.508 seconds (using 100 queries).

Powered by Archon Version 3.21
Copyright ©2011 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign